I will stand by my previous position regarding this product as well as ICE and other mechanisms for providing/transferring emergency information, medical or otherwise (i.e. contact information). These products are best viewed as providing such information in the hospital setting. It is rare (by my experiences) to have the time to look for these mechanisms of information transfer and in many cases not even possible or desirable. As I have stated previously, wallets with potentially vital information are generally transferred to or directly obtained by Law Enforcement. Even if I have first shot at a patent’s wallet, my first reaction is to immediately turn it over to LE and in their presence to avoid any accusations of theft.

In our jurisdiction, we do not carry computers in the field and in many ways, I would not want to do so, as it would be one more thing to carry, keep track of and potentially damage.

What every EMS provider is trained to look for: is a MEDICAL ALERT ID necklace, bracelet or other MEDICAL ALERT type of jewelry. It is universal (at least in the US), provides immediate and vital information, cost effective and in my humble opinion, the best mechanism of providing immediate life saving information

Pete