Thor:<br><br>In addition to the other suggestions already posted here I have two other tips:<br><br>1. Idiot cord* your small, important items such as flashlight, compass, pocket knife, whistle, etc. to either yourself or your pack. My wife has a habit of putting things down and forgetting about them. This works well for her. I also cord my flashlight to the key clip just inside the top of my pack. This helps out when trying to locate items inside it at night.<br><br>2. You can organize items that go together with stuff sacks. You can usually make your own from scrap clothing material with shoestrings as draw cords. If you can use different colored cloth for each sack you can easily identify the contents without opening each one. Zip lock bags and even old soks will work too.<br><br>Chris <br><br>* Idiot cord = a piece of line that is connected to you and a piece of equipment that prevents you from losing it and looking like an idiot. This is not meant as a personal jab. We all need them :)<br>