I also carry my Palm on outings. But have not needed it in an emergenct or survival situation. But I am finding that I'm starting to use it more and more. Even so, I would not label it a critical piece of gear. Here's how I used mine this summer at Scout camp.<br><br>I mainly use it for looking up scout rank and merit badge requirements (via an AvantGo synch with pages from MeritBadge.com. <br><br>This summer I added a medical database for every member in our troop. It listed any allergies, medications and the emergency contacts. Fortunately, I only referenced it a few times and none were an emergency. I created the database in Microsoft Access, perloaded many of the fields from a Troopmaster roster export file, entered medical data, and then imported it in a HanDbase database on the Palm. I then modified the design slightly to accomodate lookup fields in HanDbase.<br><br>I also shared Doug's PSK content list with the Wilderness Survival merit badge councilor (and gave him the URL to the site). I have it loaded twice, once as a memo file and again as QuickSheet spreadsheet. The QuickSheet file is easier to format the data for viewing.<br><br>Lastly, the camp staff announced a "World's Best Cobbler" competition. I have a bunch of recipes in memo files and there is one that I've been wanting to try out. So I whipped out my Palm and rattled of the recipe to the other leaders, who promptly "hired" me as the official cobbler chef. Unfortunately, our entry did not win and I was promptly "fired," as they all stuffed their faces with Cherry/rasberry Basque Cobbler!