I usually do not participate in knife discussions because we sell them. This time, however, I'll throw in my 2 cents.

We used both the Tak and the BK10 during taping. Both did well on and off camera. In fact we chose those two to use because they are so tough.

It's hard to beat the price of the Becker. I can't think of any other knife that is as strong for the money. We beat it through wood, dug with it and generally gave it a real work out and it did fine. It is a large, wide-bladed knife that's a bit heavy for some.

The Tak received the same punishment and also did well. Note that Gretchen used the TAK with a Strikeforce firestarter and it still held an edge. It is less cumbersome to use for more detailed work and weighs a little less. It does cost more, though.

I believe the SRK would have done just as well had we used it.

I have a BK10 and a SOG Seal Pup Elite. When I hike, I usually carry a fair amount of camera gear plus some survival stuff. My pack can get heavy pretty fast. So, I'll normally carry the Seal Pup because it's lighter but can still do pretty much anything that's needed for survival.