Presumed,<br><br>Man I don't know....most of my close calls while diving were either so easily prevented as to make me look VERY stupid, or are so far-fetched sounding that you wouldn't believe them.<br><br>For instance: 1991. 18 years old. In the Navy. Diving for conch in Puerto Rico. I found one, alerted my dive buddy who was about ten feet above me. He angled straight down toward me. The strap on his BC that holds the tank on let go, and came straight down. At me. It took his octopus with it and hit me in the head. This took off my mask, broke my mouthpiece (and two teeth). Dive buddy made emergency ascent, not bothering to check on me. The hose that I had been breathing through started free-flowing, and I had been low on air to begin with. The conch I had grabbed started sticking me with it's claw thingy (not painfull, but alarming). It finally occured to me to let the conch go. I got one more breath off of my secondary (spare? occo? I don't remember) before I ran out out of air in my tank. I got the mask back on, cleared it (sort of...nose was bleeding too) and grabbed my buddies tank and started breathing off of it. Made it to surface. Smacked buddy, told him we were trading gear and started swimming to shore. I had his gear sold before he made it back in. That was the last time I scuba dived. <br><br>That isn't even the worst story I have.<br><br>Take care,<br><br>Andy