O.K. Your standing wet on the shore as the J3 supercub sinks below the waves with all your gear; every match, button compass and MRE. Your in layered woolens, a windbreaker with hood, quality boots, mittens and a balaclava stuffed in the pocket. And HEY! theres a knife in there with them you forgot about. Lets make a fire for warmth and an immediate emergency signal. We gather tinder, kindling and main fuel wood, but find some needs batoning and splitting. So lets forget about sawbacks, as they don't appreciate being beaten on and may even fracture at the tooth gullet ( USAF survival knife) abused sawing and hammering away at the twisted perspex windscreen. We want to create some feather sticks for kindling, so a nice forward curve and relatively thin is a nice feature ( mora.). If we still had our metal match we could create a shower of sparks ( most of the so called 'bushcraft knife' sheaths are set up with companion pockets for a metal match.) Is our knife high carbon and high rockwell? If so, and the spine properly dressed by file a sharp flintlike stone can produce sparks ( Mora again.) It's stainless steel? We better start assembling a friction device; bowdrill,fire piston, plow etc. The( WSI Ranger) has a machined Divot for just this use and nice reverse grip ergonomics on the skeleton handle. So now we have three fires going for warmth and signalling. Dusk came all to soon, so we greatfully curl up inside the ring of fires. Tommorow morning we will consider a shelter before bad weather moves in and some other needs. I'll let another poster build it with assorted blade options and suggest the next priority, again, only one knife. Once completed think of the next task and priority. Since it's almost midnight here, I'll hold onto my knife real tight, perhaps making a lanyard out of some tough surface roots I dug out or from my clothing.I fall asleep secure in the knowledge Bart the Bear would rather have vanilla icecreme than Brad Pitt or Timothy Treadwell anyway.