As a network administrator / tech support / guy to take the blame if anything computer-related don't work I have a good reason for carrying blades. I don't bother to hide my Wave blade from people, only one person asked why do I need one (I told him about few uses). However, I don't show other knives if I carry them. Multi-tools work great because they don't look like weapons. Having a job that explains your EDC is great - mine also works for flashlight ("that's for locating network equipment in the basements") and duct tape. Few days ago I was asked about carrying adhesive bandages. I just showed a fresh scar (a result of incautious handling of my own knife - BTW, do you know that with a razor-sharp blade you can cut yourself painlessly? I hadn't felt anything, somebody had to tell me that I was bleeding!)<br><br>Now, a world record in being curious about a blade:<br>A quite experiencied female sailor asked me why do I carry a knife when we were on the yacht at sea!!! I didn't tell her that I carry 3 - leatherman in a jacket pocket (for use when I'm in the cockpit, fully ziped and pants pockets are inacessible), folder in a pants pocket (for use when I'm inside, without a jacket) and I keep fixed blade for real work somewhere near. I wonder if she hadn't notice that virtually all sailors carry a knife of some sort and use it many times a day.<br><br>Why do some people keep thinking that knife is only a weapon and you don't have a non-criminal reason to carry one even when they see it used for stripping wire, cutting cordage and opening cardboard boxes...