>>Does anyone have an idea about carrying gear on your belt with a suit for normal business? How is it accepted by other executives (PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER.)?<<<br><br>Not well. In general, anything on the belt is a negative class-indicator, and incompatible with the message you're sending by wearing a suit. Having things hanging off the belt is associated with janitors and repairmen. These days, there's sort of a grudging exception for mobile phones up to a certain level. Anything else might cause comment, probably behind your back.<br><br>On the other hand, a suit offers multiple pockets, some quite useful. I wouldn't want to put an entire PSK in any one, but items can be distributed. An Altoids-size tin isn't too conspicuous in a suit breast pocket unless you button the suit jacket- which is seldom done these days. Two thinner containers would be better, though.<br><br>As I'm a technical type, on most days I can get away with a leather pouch on my belt for a Palm computer. This works well if I'm likely to leave my suit jacket hanging up for most of the day. It rides horizontally, and there is space on the back side to clip a folder with up to about a 3 or 3.5 inch blade and have it remain concealed. Going to high-level meetings or business lunches, though, I don't wear the pouch and I carry the Palm in a suit pocket.<br><br>A friend carries a somewhat larger but very flat folder without a clip (usually an Al Mar Eagle) in his hip pocket, with a folded handkercheif to disguise the shape. He says it works. It's possible to carry a fairly large neck knife under your shirt and tie, so long as it's flat, but it's not an easy thing either to explain or to divest yourself of if it becomes awkward.<br><br>>>How does one carry things too bulky for pockets more discreetly?<<<br><br>Carrying attache cases is pretty much out these days at the higher levels, but you can almost always get away with a nice-quality flat leather pouch sized for documents and legal pads and such- some close with spring hinges, some with zippers. Generally, the higher class the surroundings, the less acceptable it is to carry anything. CEOs often have underlings carrying documents for them, and it's not unusual for them not to even bother with a watch. A lot depends on the circumstances you're anticipating.<br><br>There is also the option of keeping reserves at your desk and in your vehicle. It's not ideal, but it's probably the only viable option for bulky items. I have a fair amount of stuff in a shoulder pouch/pack that accompanies me to and from the vehicle, otherwise it lives at my desk.<br><br>>>Do you carry more than one knife?<<<br><br>Barring metal detectors, yes. I carry a Leatherman Micra for visible everyday use, and something else for crisis use- exactly what depends on the environment.<br>NEVER reveal anything that could be remotely considered a weapon unless it's more important than your job.