I've had reservations about the cylinder design- too many things that could go wrong, IMO. And with the historical price, most reviewers have been unwilling (or not allowed) to take one and play rough with it, but this has a lower price than I've seen in the past, so maybe someone will finally beat on one. Plenty of people have shot it, but I want to see how it works after being dragged through mud, frozen, or dunked in sea water and fired four hours later. All of these are real world tests of durability.

I like wheelguns for one reason- they go bang reliably. The spring clips in the chambers make me nervous, they look like dirt and rust magnets. They are going to be the weak point of this thing. A revolver that is that forgiving about what it will digest might be great, but it doesn't mean much if you can't successfully eject six empties after you been rolling in the dirt. And my concerns are entirely about reloading the cylinder when time is the critical factor.

Personally, in the woods I'd rather have a nice, light weight carbine with 16" barrels, .22LR over .30-30 or .308, about the same size as the the M-6, and a good .357.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.