thanks for the replies and being so nice to a newbie who probably asked a few stupid questions or just way too many :-)

thanks massacre. I also found some gatorade "singles" that I can't find up here in canada so that will be added to my backpack and was a big help.

To answer your question redflare. my worry was to get some wipes or small packets for small wound(s) in my psk or bob and water treatment if repackaged.. my thought was to get a 1oz bottle and transfer some of it to a smaller container and store in my mint tin psk.

Will need to look a little bit more at walmart or maybee canadian tire, I beleive I saw a couglan's bottle travel kit but I don't remember how big the containers were.
I recently found some glass ones similar to the ones described on repackaging water treatment.... at a pawn shop completely by accident while looking for a throwing knife.

I forgot to mention that the water tablets I had were mp1, which I left in original packaging and will also have to look into a few more if space permits. Also my matches have been dipped in wax.
Reguards to the mirror.. Is there enough space for a survival mirror? I was thinking about using the technique from mythbusters in their firestarter/shredded plane episode and get an abrasive, cause I'm not wasting a chocolate bar (mmm chocolate), and polish the top of the tin for mirror.

I was thinking of a very small flint and maybee some fuel sticks and trying to fit a bcb wire saw that's in the mail..
To be perfectly honest my skill at flint is severly laking. Also thought about one handed solutions (in case other is broke) so that's why I stuck with only matches and fresnel so far.

I also re-pack my psk fairly frequently, party because I have already made small changes also so i'm used to taking out sutures (at bottom) and repack easily on the fly.
However i realize I will need to seal it with tape to make it water proof (if possible) or at least resistant. Also I've tried to include some basic medical as per SAS handbook, same as simon.. That is why I have added sutures and want iodine but i may replace or remove the bandads at a later date.

Here are a few pictures of kit so far, lets call it version 1.04

psk, bandana and platypus water bag. Also picture of tin before psk.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/mgjscdhl/PSK/IMG_0970_resize.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/mgjscdhl/PSK/IMG_0937_resize.jpg