Thanks for the post Simon. While I don't see myself as a bushman I have survived long periods of time with no gear. I do carrry gear with me when I go most of the time, and the last time I went crazy with gear. I took a fully stocked kitchen unit (Cabelas), several folding chairs, prospecting equipment, enough food to last for months, tent, sleeping bag, two air mattresses (in case one got punctured), air pump (great for getting the fire going), several changes of clothes, camp grill, radio, psitol (I'm a blackpowder fan myself), pellet gun, lantern, and lots of little odds and ends. It fairly well filled up my truck. That was a first for me but I just wanted to play. I usually have a kit that mimics alot of the ones I see on here. I don't always have to use it, but it's nice to know I have it with me. Actually, I'm pleased that some people are willing to learn as well as teach. Like I said, there are probably hundreds of ways I can do things in a better way than I have and I would love to learn them all. I think with the attitude that you have Simon, I could learn alot. I also do like some of the gear that I see on this forum from time to time. I didn't know there were so many products out there and I'm glad to see that I can come here to see how these products measure up. That's a big problem I have with ordering online. I never know if what I'm looking at is worth a crap or not. Now I have a place to find out. By the way, the Cabelas camp kitchen, well worth the money for casual camping where weight and space aren't a consideration. check into it. $139 and it is great!