Well Boacrow, you make plenty of good points both on the merits of minimalistic survival skills and property owner rights. That said, I do have a few sticking points I'd like to address. The first is about your comment that the Indians were doing fine while the poineers were suffering and starving in the same area. First, the Indians were living in tribes and familiar with the territory and it's characteristics. Often times the pioneers were living in small family units of fewer then ten people with miles between neighbors. The pioneers were also living in unfamiliar country, and there were no edible plant books or internet to help them out. One of the harshest if not the harshest punishment for an Indian was banishment from the tribe. A Indian without a tribe was as good as a European doing the sundown shadow dance (I just love that euphemism for hanging), dead. Second point on the Indian culture is that, using population as a measuring stick, Indians were far less successful then their European counterparts. When Europeans first arrived the total population of the US area of North America was at most a couple million people (i don't have exact numbers off the top of my head). By the Civil War the European decended population was approximately 29 million (twenty in the Union and nine in the Confederacy).

As for the efficacy of your techniques, I cannot and will not comment citing both a lack of experiance on my part and a lack of observation of your specific techniques. I will say that flint knapping , debris huts, and friction fire are excellent skills to learn and to practice (see my signature) , if only because of the calming effect that knowledge has in an emergency. On the other hand, given an extreme long-term survival situation, I will tend towards a garden with squash plants, corn and beans; a small forge, and a sod house.
Finally, if you want another "primative" group to study. Look up Skara Brae. It's a village about 5000 years old on the Orkney islands in Scotland. About 50 -100 people lived and thrived in the very harsh environment of the North Sea. The trick, as with all long term survival, was the tribe/village which acted as a vessel for accumulated knowledge and cooperation.