The Google search turned up more tins than any person could ever need. I'll either buy online or search in the city.<br>Andy, thanks for the offer but I'll be able to get one. Now if the tin was filled with that Ky. moonshine you were going to send overseas, I'd probably take you up on it.<br>As for my kits contents, I need to make several. One will be a small, very simple kit for my bird and deer hunts here in Upstate NY. It's hard to imagine getting lost, so I figure any survival situation will probably include a medical emergency. Therefore, other than the standard stuff outlined on this site, I'll have some butterfly bandages and extra cord for fashioning splints.<br>My other kit will have to be a bit more extensive. I've solo-hunted much of the West, including Alaska. Lots can go wrong up there. One item I've been debating that I haven't seen mentioned here is a water purifying straw. I believe they're only 4" or so long, and about as big around as a pencil. Seems to me that would be a great addition for my bigger kit. Water is everywhere in Alaska and eliminating the need to store and purify could be a great asset.<br>One good thing, as far as survival in Alaska is concerned, is that the air traffic is fairly heavy in most of the state. Several signalling devices, both mirror and otherwise for cloudy, rainy days will be a must.<br>I'd appreciate any feedback.I'm very experienced in the woods, but very new to the survival state of mind. I feel like maybe I've been lucky all these years not carrying a PSK on some of these trips.<br>Bob