Yup, hiking the fjords of British Columbia as a teenager. Got caught at 7,000 feet in a bloody rotten storm with nothing but a rainfly above me and solid granite underneath. All night I was soaked from the water running down the rock, and the next morning had to get dressed in the rain. I was shaking so bad, then I stopped shaking, and fortunately the guide with us realized what was happening and slapped a big down parka on me and got my pack on me and got me heading down the trail. In about ten minutes my core temp was back up and I was feeling better. In an hour we were well down in the treeline, where we got some breakfast going.

What I remember was that as my temp lowered, it was getting increasingly difficult to get my clothes on, and then it got hard to talk. That was probably the closest I come.

Y'all have given me an idea. I am gonna start scheming an idea on a device that can be triggered simply, but has a reliable safety, and generates a flame for a good 10 minutes. I'll have to work on that, something that you could trigger by hand or even use your teeth if necessary. Hmm, time to go to the dungeon.