Well, I got it. I have to say, it was a purchase I didn't need to make, but I made it anyway. This knife has the best feel of any fixed blade I have seen, and I love S30V. Wicked sharp. And I love the look of it too, a kind of form-follows-function elegance.

Overall, another great design Doug! I've been carrying my MK1 every day since they came out, and have since bought a few for friends. One tactical friend of mine told me that it has redefined what he considers to be a good knife. That's saying something! This one will go with me anytime I am out in the wilds.

The only thing I think could be improved is the sheath. It has too many things on the back, apparently to hook on to every conceivable anchor point. Some of them I can't for the life of me figure out what to do with them. It's a bit too bulky for my taste.

Is anyone out there making sheaths for this yet? I don't really want to send it away for weeks for someone to use as a model. Something kydex or carbon fiber? I'd be interested if anyone finds one. I'll live with the given one until I find something I like better. It serves the purpose but a knife this cool deserves better!