Tom,<br><br>It'd be a lot easier to dislike you if you weren't so darned easy to get along with.....:)<br><br>For what it's worth I own a shotgun, and have considered it's HD potential. If my safe room was my bedroom, it would be there, loaded/chamber-empty. Given that my safe-room is the kid's room, I have a handgun. That is, I would have a handgun AND a shotgun, not just the shotgun.<br><br>My "house gun" is a S+W 4006, I like the retention features (manual safety and magazine disconnect safety), the effectivness of the cartridge, and the ammo capacity (LE only magazines, don't ask). If I have to respond to a threat in the middle of the night, I may not have time to grab extra magazines. It isn't match accurate, but will do for I bought it for. I keep thinking about hanging a Sure-fire light on the gun, but I've never been able to make up my mind. <br><br>As much as I like the Smith for a house gun, it wasn't what I carry when out and about. I won't offend your 1911 sensibilities by telling you about my tupperware 9mm :)<br><br>Take care,<br><br>Andy<br><br><br><br>