Andy,<br><br>Yeah, what you and John said...<br><br>Discussion, not disagreement: Handguns work well for us. A M1911A1 with 2 spare magazines on one side and a .44 Special with two speedloaders on the other side. Other impliments are also at hand. But we are very experienced with all manner of personal firearms and have an especial affinity for those two pieces, respectively. The 44 Spl would be marginal if it were not stoked with some especial handloads - and with those handloads, the pistol is entirely, ridiculously, too lightweight for anyone but it's little owner (I hate shooting it, but that's an opinion thing - it IS accurate in either of our hands). I'd like to switch her to a M1911 (hands not big enough for an A1), but I learned not to press her on that - she likes what she uses. <sigh><br><br>But given my druthers: Rem 870s all around. Mine is smooth enough to inertially operate one-handed (27 year old WingMaster). And there are rare occasions when one is stowed in easy reach - not because of threat, but because of risk. Wife formerly prefered a modern side-by-side 12 gauge, but she "graduated" to 870s years ago.<br><br>Your points are good. Robb should go with what he thinks is over-all best for his circumstances.<br><br>Good drills, BTW.<br><br>Tom