Robb,<br><br>Just a few more things to consider...<br><br>Chris had an excellent point about being quiet. The guns are there to prevent home intrusion from becoming a worst case scenario, not a "selling point" to thieves. <br><br>Speaking of worst case scenarios, if you have children in the house, for God's sake make sure that either the children are gunproof, or the guns are childproof. My 11 year old is gun-proof, but my guns are child-proofed because of my 3 year old. This presents the problem of ready access to the guns, but there are ways around that.<br><br>Everything you need to know about this subject of home defense can be learned from the writings of one man. His name is Massad Ayoob. He has made a career of helping people help themselves in this arena. Check your library, favorite bookseller or his website (LFI.org IIRC). For the record, I have no financial stake in his business.<br><br>Tom made a good point as well, the decision is yours, ultimately. Chose what works best for you and your situation. I suspect that given your occupation, you may have a sharper need for home defense weapons than the majority of us.<br><br>Take care,<br><br>Andy