Quote:
It definitely worked with me. Given the choice of driving and taking an airliner, I take my truck. My EDC backpack is with me, and my laptop sits on the passenger seat. I get to take lots of toys, cooler and firearms are in the back of the truck. End of the month I go on vacation too; I'll be driving three days instead of flying three hours. These days I feel naked flying.

Unfortunately, my tactic won't work for most folks, but if I was going on vacation from Florida to Idaho with children, I'd consider renting a motorhome or at least a good size van and take whatever stuff I need. Spoken by a guy who's never driven long distances with young kids.

My strong preference is to drive (master of my own destiny and all that stuff). But, that would be three days there and three days back. Since I can only afford to take a week off, I would spend six days on the road for a one-day vacation. I also don't have a vehicle with less than 120,000 miles on it, and can't afford to rent much of anything. Plus, when you throw in hotels and meals for the trip, it gets expensive fast.

Anywhoo... Terrorists can never take away our freedom. The politicians are taking care of that for them.