I'm not a fire bug. Just had to say that first because it seems that's all I type about on here. I just wanted to ask patrons of ETS if you guys and gals know of a firestarter that a) never runs out of fuel or means to ignite and b) can start a fire in any condition (ie. damp, windy).

I know about spark thingies and magnesium thingies but I've always asked myself what happens when the magnesium runs out. Yes, yes, I know I shouldn't go through a whole magnesium starter in a survival situation lol BUT WHAT IF...

I'm a worst-case scenario crazy guy. What if society as we know it broke down tomorrow. What if this? What if that? I know what I would do. Head out into the woods and I want a fire source that is eternal.

I know about the fire starting methods such as a fire plow and the bow and drill. But those methods are tedious. And somebody always posts in reply to that: practice makes perfect.

There was one device that impressed me. It met the never runs out of fuel requirement kinda and also came close to the any condition requirement. The fire piston. It uses stuff you find in nature (leaves, moss, etc) BUT the fire piston doesnt always work in wet conditions if the tinder is cold and/or damp. It also can lose its seal which is needed for it to work. So it's fragile as well.

I think fire starting is half technique and half setup with some patience thrown in there somewhere. I've used the Blast Match and that works great in damp conditions especially with the WetFire tinder but WetFire tinder isn't found naturally in nature. I've also used magnifying glasses which are awesome things but then again in cloudy/dark conditions, they wont work.

So all in all, I'm asking if anybody has a method that doesn't cause blisters or know of something that is infinitely fueled which can ignite a fire, please post. Thanks!