It's not just out West, there are places in New England where you are looking at three and four digit fines if you are busted with a wood fire. That something is self contained is a boarderline area that might work, but you still have to fight the fine in court and convince a judge that everything was safe.

And Phaorah, that answers part of your question- it isn't worth it. The other part of it is, other than the kelly kettle, these items by these names are new to me, and I think they probably are to other people as well. For example, the grilliput's web site is obviously a european-based one; but now that I've seen a picture of it, we've had guys like this in catalogs for a while. I know the kelly kettle, but I wouldn't carry one simply becuase it's bigger than my entire ditch kit is.

Now, the stratus stove, that is very interesting. Thank you.

But that doesn't change the fact that in most places in the States (which is were most of us are) fire is banned. Remember, we've had a drought in the western third of this country for, what is it guys, 5, 6 years now? I can't remember when the Rockies and souther plains states were NOT in a drought.

Edited by ironraven (08/03/06 02:03 AM)

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.