I pretty much agree on that. I would fall into the 3rd catagory. My BF knows he can count on me in an emergency as much as I can count on him. In the event of just a power out, he would hurry home, not because he would think I would need to be rescued but because he would know I would have a candlelit dinner waiting for him and it's his job to open the wine. I would rather be an asset to him than a liability. My daughter would be prepared but she wouldn't go the extra mile, she would stay at her house. So I guess she would fall into the second catagory, more of an asset than a liability. Now my goddaughter is a total princess. The only help she would be to anyone in an emergency, including herself, would be to give everyone a make-over. I'm still working on her. She would definitely come to my house in an emergency, or I would have to go and get her. Total liability. I think in any relationship you should strive to be an asset. The more prepared you are the less likely you are to panic.