Craig, I'm a woman and will gladly eat humble pie anytime. I find it goes best with vanilla ice cream. Maybe that's because I am more than willing to accept when I've made mistakes, being just as human as anybody else. I can also take it full in the face when someone points them out to me. Refusing to acknowledge when you've done wrong, refusing to regret your actions, means you will not grow any wiser or be any better of a person.

Imagine if the couple in question was in a REAL emergency, and the GF, having learned nothing from her previous experiences and her attitude had grown unchecked, hindered the situation so much that her boyfriend got hurt trying to "save" her rear end? Would she go down screaming that none of it was her fault, that there was nothing she could've done to help him out? Could she live with that?

It is definitely endearing to see the things my husband does to make my life easier, but I am grateful for it and repay him in kind. Even if the GF from the story missed the message, she should be grateful that he was even able to help at all, and resolve to be able to take care of herself the next time she's alone.