Okay, to add my perspective as a delicate flower of a female.... I think that they are both lucky they weren't in a dire emergency.

The male in question seems to have acted typically of a preparedness junkie (maybe the stress of the situation made him go a bit overboard), but he probably thought that showing off his level of preparedness and go-to attitude would help his GF feel safe. For some people it probably would have, and the fact that this guy was willing to go as far as he could with his supplies FOR HER should be appreciated.

However, she was obviously in some serious distress from the day's events and maybe just needed to be held for a moment and allowed a good cry (or a slap in the face) rather than be shuttled off somewhere in strange clothes and carrying a 30-gallon Rubbermaid container between the two of them. It sounds like they were already in a secure location, so perhaps she just needed to mentally regroup and get her barings, and in her stress couldn't appreciate her BF's perceived "Gung-ho" attitude. Personally, though, if my significant other reacted to my help that way, or was that hysterical about a blackout, I would rethink my personal relationships.

That being said, they reacted poorly to the situation in respect to each other's emotional capabilities. But having disappointed myself once or twice during fierce storms and other emergencies, I can cut them both some slack and hope that they work on this. You never know just how you're going to react, but there is no place for ingratitude, whining, or leadership battles during an emergency situation. As a couple they should learn how to act as a team and be able to support each other.