Gents; Thanks for the responses. Perhaps I can clarify. Call it what you will; super BOB, 72Hr.+ bag, long term bag, whatever. My thought is a bag, kept at home or carried in the car, and deployed when the situitation dictates that you must vacate your home (where you have sqirrled away most of your stuff) and travel by what ever means available to what ever destination you have arrainged, or you are for whatever reason more then 2-3 days from home under the theory that you might have to walk home. I am aware of the adustments needed for season(snow shoes, winter sleeping bags ect) which is why in my original post, I asked if you folks used a 2 pack system ( winter and then the rest of the year) or if you used an adjustable volume pack. I am aware of the rule of threes and I presume the contents of the pack would reflect them. I am endevoring to gain a level of knowlege that would embody the old defination of a "woodsman". Yes water only after air, shelter/fire. You can never carry enough ( kind of like ammo ) and sourcing is always questionable, but that is a given in any survival situation, Limiting factor long term, the availabillity of food. You can only carry so much and when its consumed you will have to procure it through "traditional " means. Yes, weapons( rifle/shotgun, bow, sling shot, rabbit stick ect), fishing gear, and professional ( Buckshots ) trapping gear will be included. Put another way, how do you folks do this? What do you have for when a BOB is just not enough and you can't access your stash from home? Am I blowing smoke here, is this somthing that hasn't been considered before or is it simply a senario that can't happen? Thank for your kind consideration Jim