Last year my rain-jacket finally died. I opted to try one of the "ScottEVest", which I had my eye on for some time (as a gadget addict). Since I was replacing my rain jacket I went with the Black Tactical 3.0, they were having a deal on it w/ the fleece liner.

The sleeves on the jacket come off, hence the vest. I don't wear it to the office much, at least in the summer. However, it is a great asset when I travel, as I can keep all metallic items in the vest and just chuck it off into the security scan.

What I like: Relatively inconspicuous for carrying a lot of stuff. I keep mine packed with small FAK, Zipka, iPod, bandanna, hard candy, granola bar, usually a small bottle of water, pen/paper, spare change & other misc supplies. Due to the construction of the vest, no-one can tell that I have all of that (unless they pick it up, then they wonder why it weighs so much).

Don't like:
- Black was probably not the right color for every-day use. Folks around the office think I'm wearing a bullet proof vest
- Hot. I tend to the warm side for body temp. The extra layer (and black color, and probably the weight of gear) make it warm.
- As a jacket w/ fleece liner it does not fit well, particularly w/ the fleece sleeves in. In winter I usually have the fleece vest part of the liner and the regular long sleeves.
- Not truely weatherproof - the zippers around the sleeves leak sligthly in heavy rain (no surprise, I didn't buy this for extended outdoor activity).

Even with those drawbacks, I still overall like this thing. I'm debating purchasing one of the lighter weight versions for nearly everyday use, except in summer. With the very high humidity here none of the high-tech cooling clothing (this vest w/ CoolMax, UnderArmor, etc.) seem to work well, no place for the moisture to "wick" away to when the air is so thick.