Late post, but here's my perspective.<br>I don't carry water in my MOBs. None, not a drop.<br>Since my bags are actually SAR bags, SOP is to carry: no food, no water, no fuel.<br>If I need to go out looking for a lost hunter at 1 AM, I don't want to worry if my water or rations in my pack are good.<br><br>-INSTEAD-<br>leave room for those provisions in your bag and keep perishables- food, water, fuel in a separate bin next to BOB.<br>I usually have a case of 1L water bottles in all my vehicles. Desani or Aquafina. When the fridge is low (we refill 'em from PUR faucet mount filter too), I rotate cases out of the vehicles and restock.<br>If something bad were to happen, I would likely have 36 liters of bottled water in addition to multiple means to purify more.<br><br>BTW, I keep plastic jars of peanut butter in the vehicles. I will usually will have more food items, but I always know I have an unopened jar of Jif.<br><br>One to four liters of water in a BOB is simply not sufficient for extremis. For example, a four hour search will consume 3 or 4 liters from body fluid loss and several more liters will be used in clean-up/ field shower. If something bad were to happen and you were required to evacuate, you will need more water than a backpack will hold. Those one liter bottes are cheap, easy to divy up, durable, and uniquely designed to be poured into a camelback bladder!