Quote:
Disney might have other things in mind...

Actually, I checked and Disney is using two-finger geometry scanners, not fingerprint scanners, so they can't identify who is actually entering the parks. They don't care who is getting into the park, only that they're not sharing their passes. I'm sure that the two-finger geometry method they are using isn't all that reliable, but good enough to distinguish two different people trying to use the same pass on the same day or in the same season. And keeping the matching threshold loose enough not to generate too many false mismatches and anger legitimate park visitors.

Now that I know that they're using finger geometry, I doubt that Disney is using the biometric hashes for analytic purposes. When looking at millions of admissions per year, there's probably too much noise and sloppiness in the two-finger geometry data to be of much analytic use. It's just to deter the pass cheaters.

If Disney actually started checking who is attending its parks, that would open them up for all kinds of lawsuits from all sides--from innocent people who feel violated, from people with past criminal histories who feel harrassed, from crime victims inside the park who claim Disney should have stopped these criminals from getting in, etc. And tons of negative PR from civil libertarians and such. No, that's a huge headache that they would rather avoid.