I believe Malpaso is correct.
If you are lucky, boredom will be your only threat.
I would think it rational to believe that members of this site would have 6 months per person of dry/canned food on hand in their home as a minimum. Seven days is only a small test of your emergency water system.

Personnally, I keep a backpack for each person loaded with sleeping bag, tent, water filter, 4 liters of water, and food and drink mix (tea/coffee/sports) for 7+ days each.
This is separate from my pantries, freezers, and root cellars and 72 hour kits in vehicles.
While this may seem like overkill, I live on a Native American Reservation, and anyone or anything that sticks out from the norm is promptly dealt with or stolen. I have become quite adept at disguising things I wish to keep.

I find the Mormon food list on the internet to be helpful. I believe they are required to keep a year of food per family member as a religious requirement, and have figured out how to store this under each person's bed. Granted, some of the food listed is not to my taste, or quite bland in nature, but weak and hungry is no way to face the day.