I am very interested in Doug's personal Survival kit. My oldest son is considering working towards Wilderness Survival Merit Badge at summer camp this year and one of the requirements is to make such a kit. He doesn't have the pamphlet yet so I don't know how "their" kit compares. It will be interesting to see how and where they differ and are alike.<br> <br>I do have several questions on Doug's:<br><br>>>>20 ft. Brass Snare Wire<br>What gauge do you recommend?<br><br>>>>11 in. Teflon Tube<br>Where can I find info on how to use it for water seeps?<br><br>>>>1 Brunton 15MM Button Compass<br>I can't seem to locate a source. Do you think one of those zipper pulls could be cut down instead?<br><br>>>>1 Drug Information Sheet<br>Is this the printout from the pharmacist or is the information from a different source?<br><br>>>>2 Condoms (Penrith Survival Equipment)* <br>Is there a alternative? I am an Asst. Scoutmaster and I'm not ready to introduce young men to a condom, possibly for the first time.<br><br>>>>10 ft. H.D. Poly/Cotton Sewing Thread <br>I also do beading projects and most beaders use a nylon covered cotton thread that's very durable. Would there be any problem with substituting? Also, what thickness or gauge is best? Nymo comes in several sizes from very thin gauge for small beads to very thick for heavy glass beads?<br><br>Thanks.<br><br>Willie Vannerson<br>McHenry, IL