Malpaso--

Sorry; been away from the PC for a day or too.

No, we've had no problem with them. Another use for them is as reusable towels for cleaning up spills on carpets & furniture. With an indoor dog (until he died last year), and 2 small children, rest assured they got plenty of use. We cut one of the larger towels into small (8" squares), & they're still in use. I have no idea how many times they've been washed--but it's been a bunch! And, it was in a washing machine, followed by the clothes dryer.

They're very absorbent, as noted, & when dampened before use, have an amazing capillary action that pulls liquids out of carpet & upholstered furniture.

As I mentioned earlier, I've been testing mine this week, using it instead of a bath sheet. I didn't shave this AM, & didn't notice any shredding or tearing when I dried my face. :-) Also, I'm consistently drier than with a terry cloth towel.

Don't know about the review you read, but it certainly doesn't jibe with my experiences. Remember, too, there are those who say you must dry-clean silk & wool. (Hmmm, wonder how they cleaned it for all those centuries before dry-cleaning became available?)

David