I’m here and I along with the rest of my Soldiers and Sailors (read heroes) are toe-to-toe with “enemy combatants” everyday. Many of which would hurt or kill one of us (and they often try) without hesitation. It’s my opinion we are holding many because their own countries do not want them back for fear of what they are capable of doing. And yes, they are treated better than we are: higher quality food, better medical and dental care, library, workout equipment the list goes on.
I heard an Israeli military commander speak on terrorism. In brief he was absolute we (USA) would be hit again. We have all our vast resources to throw at terrorism; technology, science and law enforcement. It’s ridiculous and fruitless we are spending these resources looking for things and not people. It wasn’t an 80 year old woman or a six month old baby or a blond-haired blue-eyed teenager that hi-jacked a plane on 9/11. If we keep it up it will happen again. His opinion and I agree.
Enough of mister nice guy, already! Who cares if we hurt some feelings (overseas and at home) if it makes us less a target?