I think our future adults are in a world of hurt. They lack morals, values and most importantly work ethic. I have 15 yr old twins and I'm exposed to a lot of their peers. For the most part, their parents aren't involved in their lives as much as ours were. They are completely wrapped up in consumerism, I want this I'm gonna buy that but none of them want a job. They want mommy and daddy to get it for them. You are correct when you say they aren't interested in education. The don't have to be when everything is handed to them.

Our parents generation had chores from the time they were little. They knew the importance of education because their parents insisted they get good grades. Hard work wasn't a bad thing. My mother worked in a fish cannery in Monterey when she was 12-13 to help support her family during the depression.

I worked under the table at a friends Dad's concrete company from the time I was 13, digging footers and pouring concrete, washed dishes at Denny's and I bought my first car long before I was 16.

I'm sorry, I believe our youth are soft little cry babies. Heaven forbid SHTF now because they won't know what to do whe the batteries die on their I-pods.