It can't go over the shoulder, not easily. It's supposed to be around the waist, but as I said, I find it more comfortable around the ribs. I carry it on the level of chest harness, just against my spine. That keeps it from getting tangled in my regular belt. As I said, I wish I could figure out how to get it to work as a chest rig and still get it on and off by myself.

If I know I'm going to be carrying it for a long time, I take out the webbing roll, run it through the "drag" handle, and lock it in place with the annex clips. This is a close up on one, for those who aren't familiar with them:

Weight, with the PSK and PMK in the pouch with the water bottle, and the metal fuel bottle, I'd guesstimate at about 12 pounds. A little on the heavy side, but I like the weight. I know that there is nothing in there that I'm likely to break, even if I land on it or toss it from a moving vehicle.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.