I carry the immodium here becuase I personally think it's more of a concern than finding my way in a place that if I make it to morning, I'll head in the direction of the town glow I saw last night. Bad water can hit you hard, even if you didn't mean to drink any of it when you fell in the river.

But if I find a good button compass, I'd probably move the allergy meds to the pmk. I carry it in my pocket any way during birch pollen season.

I've tried the dental floss route, not as happy with it as I am with the spiderwire, now that I've started running it over candle wax as I wrap it on the bobbins.

As for the matches, it's a preference. I like strike anywheres becuase I don't have to worry about the striker so much. Various lifeboat-type matches I've tried never work, at least for me, on a normal striker, and the little green tipped buggers aren't any better than a triple shellaced strike anywhere in my experince. It's a YMMV situation.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.