I believe our great country is now in a much more vulnerable position than a decade ago; I don't want to go into the blame-game... the fact is, we've [censored]*d off some very dangerous people and eventually our homelands will once again be targeted by terrorists.

So, what about the uneasy topic of radiation poisoning due to a dirty bomb or other threats.? It's not a pleasent topic to research; preparation for such a disaster will take some people back to the 1960s "buried in the backyard" shelters. But, realistically, what if you are exposed? I know there are sites that deal with this very topic, the effects and possible treatment. While you can get potassium iodide fairly easily, I've yet to find radiation indicators that are inexpensive. There are some stickers that the government uses on MRE cases that are indicators, and there are civilian key-ring type indicators, anyone know of any others. Has anyone really explored what it would take to protect yourself in a dirty-bomb scenario?