In a previous post, I wrote:<br><br>>"If you are wondering where to buy Kailumes, you might want to try http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=kailume for some possibilities."<<br><br>Well, I double checked myself and now regret ever sending that URL. I hope I didn't lead anyone to purchase the wrong item due to poor product identification.<br><br>It seems that a number of Asian websites sell novelty light sticks called "Night Lights" ... but, on their webpages, they call them "Kailumes". They sell 4" and 15" lightsticks too, and call them "Kailumes" as well. I found lots of fishing lures, also, claiming to use a chemical called "kailume" to make them glow.(!?)<br><br>As far as I know, actual Kailume brand light sticks only come in 6" lengths. They do not come as round tubes, they are six-sided (hexagonal) tubes. They come in a foil package with a picture of a green light stick on the outside, regardless of what color the contained light stick actually is! The color of the enclosed light stick will be indicated by a small colored image of two hands bending a light stick to activate it. This tiny diagram will be located on the front of the package, at the bottom, slightly left of center.<br><br>Here is an image of a genuine Kailume package. <br><br>Unfortunately, I have only found Kailume light sticks at an Army-Navy Store here in town where I live. Mostly, they've performed extraordinarily well, the only exception being one single orange colored one I used once. I'm assuming it was merely very old, or that the wrapper had been punctured somehow, and the stick had degraded.<br><br>The only place I've found online to get "real" Kailumes (despite the fact that they list them on their "Novelties" page) is in Australia: http://www.abonmarche.com.au/Novelties/08.htm Unfortunately, they seem to have a minimum order of $100.00, so they won't likely be much use to most of us.<br><br>However, there does seem to be an alternative. I have recently conducted yet another test of light sticks, this time with quite a large selection of brands and colors. This test included blue, green, orange, purple, red, white and yellow Coghlan's "Snaplights", Coleman's "Illumisticks", Cyalumes, Kailumes, Lite-Ups, Safety Glows, (regular) Snaplights and Ozark Trail "Lightsticks".<br><br>As in my previously reported tests, yellow did best, then green, then all the rest. As before, Kailumes performed the best of all the brands. Also as before, Cyalumes & Snaplights performed very well. (Note that the Coghlan's "Snaplights" appear in every way to be identical to regular Snaplight brand light sticks, and performed just as well.) The Coleman's "Illumisticks", Lite-Ups and Safety Glows came in last.<br><br>However, I have found a new brand which performs better than Cyalumes or Snaplights, and almost as well as Kailumes. The brand is Ozark Trail, and they call their product simply a "Lightstick". I found them in the camping supplies section of a local Wal-Mart. I have not yet found an online source. If you cannot find a source for Kailumes, I suggest these as an excellent second best choice. For anyone who cannot find either of these brands, Cyalumes and/or Snaplights will probably be your best bet.