I can see the validity of both sides of the argument. My truck kit has a .22LR handgun and 1000rnds of ammunition; it is small, light and accurate enough to take small game. If I had to leave town my M4gery and as much case of ammunition and my .45ACP hand gun with a few hundred rounds would accompany me. If I had to venture out of foot, I would probably choose to carry my M4 and the .22LR pistol. 210 rounds of .223 is heavy, but gives me a weapon I can take larger game with provide protection close in and at a distance if needed.

A lot of people don’t think that a fire arm is a valuable survival tool, but since fire arms have been commonly available they have been carried as a tool of survival. Fire arms can be very useful for gathering food, signaling, and protection. Some tend to forget the protection aspect of survival, having a BOB well equipped and stocked on your back does you no good if someone takes it from you. Make no mistake; this isn’t a far fetched possibility. And like you said, better to have one and not need it…

Jim – Do some more research before you start calling people Hillbillies. Are there some who feel more like a man when they are carrying a gun? Sure, but the majority of the gun owners in America are law abiding, educated and thoughtful individuals. The people you will find on this forum are these gun owners, not your “Hillbillies”. I don’t judge those that choose not to carry a gun; please don’t judge those of us who choose to carry.

You can believe what the media tells you or you can discover the truth on you own; allowing law abiding citizens to bear arms makes a SAFER civilization. And, yes most people can pull the trigger when their life depends on it! It is our nature to survive, and sometimes pulling the trigger is your only chance to survive… God forbid.

Jim, Be careful here... this is as nice as I get.

Edited by romania (04/18/06 06:09 AM)