Agree with many of the other suggestions.

My carry:

Keychain with flashlight (soon to be ARC AAA), P38, Leatherman Squirt S4, and BSA Hotspark.

BiC Lighter in pocket. Barely even gets a second glance in public, and I haven't smoked in 15 years.

Around my neck are my dog tags from my Reserves days (including my medical allergy tag) a blank dog tag that has been polished mirror smooth to be used as a.... mirror, a whistle, and $20.00 sandwiched between my dog tag and the polished dog tag (held together with a rubber dog tag silencer).

In my wallet are another $20.00, my Amex Card (an urban survival necessity if there ever was one), and a flattened cotton ball. Plus, a bunch of business cards (kindling!).

All my other EDC stuff is in my briefcase, which I posted on some time ago (And am right now too darn tired to find the link. Apoligies.)

I have fiddled with this arrangement for years, but I keep coming back to what I mentioned above. I have changed the knife/multitool several times, and the flashlight, too. But it pretty much stays the same. I will sometimes try some a new item for a while, but unless it proves handy or really necessary, I usually ditch it or move it to the briefcase.

Hope this helps,

.....CLIFF