Quote:
How is the accuracy of your Ruger Mini14? I've heard stories about them having problems. Some are tackdrivers out of the box and others may as well shoot sideways.

When I bought mine in '81 or so it wasn't totally awful, 3-4 inch 5rd groups off a bench at 100 yards with good ammo, but not great either. I've tweaked it some and with the synthetic stock I can keep it pretty much under 2 inches now and as good as 1 1/4 in. with match or handloaded ammo and a scope on my best day. I've read a test report by Massad Ayoob that the recent manufactured Mini14's are shooting 2inch groups out of the box now.

Quote:
Also, how well do your 30rd mags feed? Any problems?

I've had good luck with mine although with several moves and some time in a storage locker I had some rust spots on a couple. Again, I bought them in the early '80s and can't recall from who. I did have one I picked up cheap at a gun show back then that wouldn't feed every 4th or 5th shot so I tossed it. The only other problems I've had with my Mini was caused by some really cheap surplus ammo I had picked up from a guy that must have stored it in his wood shed. That's long gone now but it worked well enough for making bean cans dance.

Quote:
Do you have someone watching your back?

At least 1 and if things go as planned/prepared 4 or 5 shooters riding herd on the womenfolk and kids. (Before anyone starts screaming SEXIST!, 2 of the shooters are women and they are so good if things look really dangerous, I want them walking point.)

Edited by Spiritwalker (11/19/06 01:15 PM)