I had 4 band aids but the kit wouldn't close. I did an analysis and decided that they were the odd man out. I know that food/fishing isn't a huge priority, but I also believe that band-aids are more for superficial wounds. The pads don't even fully encapsulate the wound, the side is left open for dirt to enter. With the antibiotics/antiseptics, wound closure strips, gauze, and duct tape from the kit as well as my pocketed bandanna, I'm fairly confident that I could handle a more severe wound. Though it would probably be a good idea to try and flatten some (maybe 2?) in a dictionary and then cram them in there ...

Hmmm, some pills might be good too, especially something like Immodium (if I do catch a bug). You have to be careful with aspirin - if you have a nasty injury, it can thin your blood and you'll start to bleed out again. Is the purpose of Advil/Tylenol in a survival kit just for pain management?

I read somewhere that MP-1 tablets needed to be kept in the foil packaging. I made a small compromise between quality and quantity. I hear that Potable Aqua is pretty effective and I was able to put 23 in there. Is there a huge difference in quality? Is the foil thing a correct representation of MP-1?