I am against spam, junk mail and telemarketers as much as anyone but..... I have had to take a job as a telemarketer and so have a somewhat different perspective. For the spammer I think a denial of service attack - er - auto replying to all of the spamm a few (hundred) times to be certain that they get the message may cost them directly and therefore punishes the offending individual. The postal form and the extra weight likewise for the junk mail though I am not sure of the legality of either. OTOH, the poor schlub that you keep yakking on the phone is losing commision talking to you and it isn't his fault that your number came up or that the company he works for asks him to make calls. it may be the only job he can get. The company is also slowed down somewhat by your dalliance but there might be ways to cost the company without costing the schlub that took that job. OTOH if the lose enough commisions the might just be forced to go to work for McDogBurgers and that might leave the telemarketers without employees - Oh Yea they already use pre-recorded messages to tell you that you are elligable to win...... so they don't need the poor schlub - he's already working for McDogBurgers.