Hey folks, happy Friday<br><br>It seems to ALWAYS happen that the case goes to the jury on a Friday--late afternoon, so now we wait most of the night for a verdict. So, the facts are:<br><br>Defendant (26 year old male Hispanic) is intoxicated. Drives to a "friends" house to show off his new .22 Marlin. Throws a beer bottle on the neighbors lawn. Neighbor(40ish white male) becomes enraged and screams various epithets (including racial slurs). Verbal dispute continues and worsens. Defendant states "I am going to shoot your ass." Defendant goes to car, uncases Marlin, Loads Marlin and approaches neighbor. Neighbor (showing sense for the first time that evening) starts running like hell. Defendant chases and pops off two "warning" shots "over the head" of neighbor. Undisputed that there was no intent to kill. Defendant is charged with First Degree Recklessly Endangering Saftey showing utter disregard for life (Class D --10 year felony with a 5 year penalty enhancer for use of a firearm). Defendant argues that he is guilty only of disorderly conduct and reckless use of a weapon (misdemeanor--9 months) after presenting the testimony of his cousin that the weapon was pointed strait in the air--not at the 30-45 degree angle alleged and testified to by neighbor. Case came in pretty routinely (with brilliant cross-exam of defendant by the prosecutor--ahem, whom(who?) shall remain nameless), but no real surprises. So.....it is 4:55 p.m. CDT Friday, jury went out at at 4:35. Closest guess as to when the jury comes back and with what verdict wins the prize! Prize will be a $25 donation to ETS in the name of the winner. Vote early and often! And feel sorry for me sitting at my desk on a beautiful Friday evening ...<br><br>Robb<br><br><br>NOW would be REALLY nice to have a chat feature!