Wow, I'm really amazed at all the responses. As for the suggestions to get a multitool, I actually have two (an older model Supertool and an older Gerber that I keep in the car). Since I'd rather not wear a tool on my belt or carry it in a cargo pocket (they bang around a little too much when running) I was going for a regular folder for everyday use. I plan on going out in the next few days to check out a knife store and I'm heavily considering a Delica 4 as a previous poster suggested. One thing that confused me was that Spyderco sells another model that is basically the Delica only with a rust proof blade. I do live by the water so I think that could be a good idea. Are there any drawbacks to the different type of steel? Is it more difficult to sharpen and maintain or is it basically normal steel except that it doesn't rust? Again, thanks for ALL the help.

Edit: I just noticed that the Spyderco Salt I doesn't come in a combo edge model. Is there any advantage to a combination edge or is it merely a matter of preference?

Edited by h3x (03/14/06 03:26 AM)