Re: “The Spyderco knives mentioned (Delica and Native) are pinned together, so you can't disassemble them at all.” True for old Delicas and Enduras; not true for the new Delica 4 and Endura 4 . These models are much improved as another poster said, to include the use of screws so you can take it apart, a larger thumb-hole, and a tip that’s contoured to be stronger (the old ones were more likely to break). New Graham has excellent prices and service. You’ll notice that they’re currently sold out of the plain edge which suggests how people are voting with their wallets. If you live near the ocean or hate maintaining your knives, the H-1 steel versions of the Delica 4 and Endura 4 (called the Salt 1 and Pacific Salt) are pretty attractive, but they’re about 10 bucks more.

“My only requirements are the price and it be a folder with single hand opening capability w/ pocket clip.” I understand the value of one-hand opening, but in an urban environment, a Victorinox SAK is still great (Huntsman, Climber, or Farmer; can’t decide which; love the scissors on the Huntsman and Climber). You can get a Huntsman at Amazon.com for $21. Figure out a $4 paperback to buy, and shipping is free. That’s a deal. Save the balance of the $50 for your next knife, and in the meantime you have a wonderful SAK which you’ll probably use much more often than a one-hand opening, single blade knife. And a SAK is never out of place (airports excluded). btw, be careful with Amazon. Not everything sold at Amazon is sold by Amazon (i.e., there are other businesses selling through Amazon). Look for the phrase "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" under availability which is usually right under the price.

You might find the Outrider a tad big for EDC in the city. Still, there’s this sound bite from the editor of Tactical Knives magazine. “I would guess everyone has heard the scenario by now: ‘How would you survive if you pleasure boat suddenly sank off a tropical island someplace near Borneo? …In this situation, I can be about 100 percent certain my primary survival knife would be whatever folder I had in my pocket at the time. …If I had the least premonition the boat might sink, my folder of choice would be one of the 4-3/8-inch closed Victorinox Swiss Army lockbacks that include a saw blade.”

Re: Numerous comments to try knives hands on. You’d be surprised at how this might affect your decision. For example, some choose thumb-hole over thumb-stud (and a bigger thumb-hole is better than a smaller one, witness Spyderco’s decision to increase the diameter on the Delica 4 and Endura 4). You might find the opposite to be the case. As another example, you can get Griptilians in regular and mini. The regular size fills a man’s hand better and can be easier to open or use for that reason. However, the texture of the grip on the smaller one is much easier on the hands, especially for extended work. The grip texture on the regular-sized Griptilian can chew on your hand (one of the reasons leather gloves are handy in an outdoor kit). The RSK carries this same texturing, and the writer who evaluated the RSK for Tactical Knives mentioned it in passing: “The checkering was a little rough on the handle, though, so I wore gloves for most of my whittling chores to reduce the chance of blisters forming."