First off, I'd like to say what a great place I think this is. Over the past few months I've learned so much that has really opened my eyes about a lot of things. One of the things I've realized is that I should really get a good EDC knife. I've done some searching on the board and found all sorts of opinions about various knifes but would like to hear some more. Since I'm a student, money is a little tight so I'm trying to keep anything I get under $50 (at least until I make some cash for the RSK Mk1). I figure that isn't so low that I wouldn't be able to find something half-way decent. I've pretty much narrowed it down to a Spyderco, SOG, or a KA-BAR. Since I haven't owned any of these, which brand would you regard as best and what models would be good for basic preparedness? Are the Spyderco knives difficult to open due to the lack of thumbscrew? My only requirements are the price and it be a folder with single hand opening capability w/ pocket clip. I hope my post wasn't too long. Thanks.