There are two manufacturers Cylume and OmniGlow. Same company, two brand names. I would hazard to guess if you read the label on the Coleman product it would also say Cylume or Omiglow in the fine print next to the legal waviers.<br><br>The real determing factor is the foil wrapper still intact. If it is punctured, they will off gas and not work. They should also have an expiration date stamped into the foil wrapper, usually along the seam. <br><br>I have been able to get some that have been expired seveal years. As long as the wrapper was still intact, they activated and worked fine. <br><br>There are several sources on the web that sell then in bulk. The going price seems to be about $2 per stick if you buy a dozen or more. Target and other retailers seem to be closer to $3 per.<br><br>Check the fishing department of the Mart stores for small ones. About 1.5 inches long by 1/4" round. In the lure section they sell small ones in a flat paper pouch about 2" square. Some come with ear ring mounts and others come with fishing line mounts. For younger kids these are easier to activate but may be a choking hazard. My wife bought about a dozen of the earring models around Halloween. The kids loved them. I was thinkging about putting some in the kids kits. Either size in my opinion is there to make the kids feel better in a dark environment and not really for lighting their way.<br><br>A more cost effective product might be LED flashlights or Krill lights if you planning on using them as night lights. Lithium batteries in either LED or Krill will give you days if not weeks of night light while chem light sticks give you 1 night.