Re your comments about the Gerber tool.

Have you seen the Leatherman Surge? It has a T-shank holder, so you can use those types of blades in it. It comes with saw and file blades. It also has the same bit driver as the Charge / Wave, so it may be right up your alley! This is the multi-tool I use on my job. I bought some Craftsman hacksaw blades for it. Unfortunately they are a bit thinner than the included blades, so the blade is rather loose in the handle. Maybe it's only a problem with the Craftsman brand (I believe Bosch was the originator of the T-shank).

Unfortunately I've hd a few problems with the Surge, which is a big surprise to me coming from Leatherman. I did buy it as soon as they were available, though. The pliers sometimes get stuck when closing the tool, and the spring for the bit driver has come out twice! In fact I just sent it in for repair a few days ago. I'm using my (original) Wave for now.

Still it may be worth checking out. Just keep in mind that it's HUGE. You could call it a jumbo Wave, but it does have an awl which the Wave doesn't.

Edited by kmcrawford111 (02/23/06 12:47 PM)