Oh, wow... well, that's just too funny. I got the opposite from your post. Anyway, I'd REALLY like to know what they used for their balloons. You have to use something that can stretch a fair deal without leaking if you plan on going up very high, but for like 300' or something, thin and light mylar should do the trick. It's finding a 3' balloon in mylar that I've found to be troublesome.

Not to mention that Helium isn't cheap. Those military systems look interesting, but, like I said, the tanks aren't light. I'd *LOVE* to get a system aloft about 300-400' with enough lift to carry up a couple of pounds. I suppose if 45 4' Weather baloons could carry up a person in a lawn chair, maybe 3 of those is more than enough for a little stripped down 802.11g router with thin power leads to the ground!

Man... I had all but given up on that dream and it seems now this discussion has me thinking about the possibilities again. :-)