It's amazing how the stress of survival, even with camera crews and modern homes less than a day away, can cause peoples emotions and thought processes to take extreem changes. The Glen's marriage is essentially over. But one could likely guess it wasn't much of a marriage anyway. Karen even confessed that "you never love as much in the second marriage as you di in your first." So the stress likely brought all of that to the forefront as there is no place to hide from each other.<br><br>I wouldn't be so hard on the Clunes or the producers regarding the still. He's not selling it. He sips a bit for himself but trades most of it with the mercantile merchant, but I'm sure it's not going any further than that. (well... maybe the producer took a draw <s>.)<br><br>Technically, it's breaking the law. And perhaps he should be fined or put on probation for it. But I wouldn't call him a moonshiner and I wouldn'e equate him with drug dealers. At least that's my opinion.<br><br>I also think the settlers should have been given an excemption to hunt. Again, wouldn't equate that with poaching even though technically it is. But in 1880, the settlers would have tried their hand at hunting to suppliment their food supply. Plus that would have gotten Mark Glen out of the homestead for a day or two, which might have saved his marriage!<br><br>From the tenor of your post I can tell that we are likely very far appart on this moonshine issue. So be it. I'm not posting this as an effort to change your mind or to justify their actions. I just think it fits with objectives of the show and should be allowable. <br><br>What would have been real intersting is if the producers staged a raid, let's say a week before the end of their stay, and hauls Gordon's butt to jail to wait for the "hangin' judge." That would have left Adrianne and the children to fend for themselves. No that would be an interesting lesson to learn.